Sorry, we are no longer taking new runners on this site. The challenge will come to an end when the latest batch of runners complete their full year. See here for more
Think you can take 1095miles challenge? It might be tougher than you think – since it’s inception, only 40 per cent of those who picked up the gauntlet have succeeded.
If you think you can do it, here are a few things to consider:
1. You need a way to ‘prove’ you have done the miles, we mostly use Garmin GPS watches, otherwise the free Endomondo app works on a smart phone.
2. We ask that people blog about the experience on a daily basis. After a while, finding something new to write about is almost as difficult as the running itself. You’d probably need to dedicate and hour or so a day in total for the running/blogging. It’s a long commitment over the year.
3. The blogging software can be tricky to get one’s head around at first. The process is formulaic but may take a bit more of your time over the first couple of weeks.
4. There’s no payment for it, the ads on the site make us pennies and don’t even cover the hosting fee – but you may get things offered for you to try out (kit and the like) from manufacturers.
5. If you want to raise money for charity, we can help you arrange that but it is totally up to you.
If you want the chance to take part, please send a brief biog and a pic of yourself in running gear by clicking here